Things to Bring to College
For a Healthy Start
- Bring your insurance card and know your coverage.
- Know your allergies, medication doses and health history.
- Bring a copy of your immunization record.
- If you have a chronic illness from asthma to diabetes to an eating disorder, consider sending in medical records to help our providers know what treatments/ medications you’ve been on so that we can continue caring for you.
- If you are under 18, make sure you have sent in a parental consent so that you can receive treatment at Health Services.
Assemble a health care kit:
- Elastic/ Ace Bandage
- Band-Aids, different sizes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Heating Pad/ Ice Pack
- Sunscreen-SPF 15 or higher
- Pain and Fever Medications like Acetaminophen (Tylenol), Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil), Naproxen (Aleve)
- Antacids (Tums, Zantac)
- Anti-diarrheal (Imodium, Pepto)
- Antihistamine for itching or allergies (Benadryl, Zyrtec)
- Antibiotic ointment (Bacitracin)
- Decongestant (Sudafed)
- 1% hydrocortisone cream for itching
- Cough drops
Parents, for more info check out this great article from The New York Times
College Prep, This Time for Health
*Many of these items are available throughout the year in our pharmacy located in Health Services.